E-mail:- e-mail is as you know a fast and effective means of communication. Mons’ communicates via e-mail, where needed, all relevant details appertaining to orders and post regimes.
Mons’ also makes very good use of its Home Page automated site messaging service and ‘Mons Site News’ header to make general announcements to keep site viewers abreast of all matters appertaining to site orders, post and site listings.
It is strongly suggested that clients use e-mail too keep Mons’ informed of ’beyond the norm’ situations after making an order, thus avoid misunderstandings, and to make clear to Mons’ any requirements / circumstances that may occur during a transaction.
Incoming e-mails are answered immediately on their receipt. Any incoming e-mail that does not have a subject matter attached i.e. received by me headed ‘No Subject’ will be deleted with out even being opened !
Telephone answer regime:- I can be contacted on my office number (when I am in my office) during standard office hours. My cut off time for answering the office number is approximately 6.30pm UK time (messages can be left after this time or when I am not in my office during the day).
I am contactable on my mobile number when not in my office, or at other times within reason.
BLOCKED TELEPHONE NUMBERS:- Incoming ‘Blocked’ number calls are usually ignored as most I find are teli-sales of some description, or enquiries of a non serious nature.
All genuine buyer personal details are used by Mons Military Antiques in relation to the transactions made from Mons’ on-line shop only, and are treated with absolute confidentiality !
Mons’ does not store customer information of any type, that could possibly be accessed or used by third parties.
With the ‘modern life’ necessity for the protection of personal information of all types, Mons Military Antiques guarantee’s that all incoming mail / correspondence (either electronic or physical) is disposed of in a secure manner on completion of a transaction.
Mons’ / Client Relationship.
Mons Military Antiques treats all genuine clients with the utmost respect, and within limits, tries to accommodate all buyers in all matters.
It is hoped that clients behave in a reciprocal manner !
With the nature of business and individual requirements being what they are, please be aware that I am occasionally unable to accommodate a customers requests / wishes.
It is my aim through my customer service approach, to have buyers that are 100% satisfied in all matters, and as such are happy and willing to come back for repeat business !
Definitions and interpretation
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Mons Military Antiques is the “data controller”. This means that Mons Military Antiques determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Mons Military Antiques will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
- Mons Military Antiques will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- Google Analytics ;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Mons Military Antiques to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- You may contact Mons Military Antiques by email at email@example.com.
- 30 June 2019
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.|
|woocommerce_recently_viewed||Powers the recently viewed products widget|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.|